- Coinbase alerts not working is a very common issue that can occur due to apps cached data.
- Sometimes the app may have issues, so reinstalling it can help resolve these issues.
- If you’re using a VPN, turning it off might help, so try that too.
Coinbase is a trusted cryptocurrency app for buying, trading, transferring and storing digital currency. Additionally, it offers a feature known as Price Alerts. You can set up automatic alerts via the mobile app to inform you of price movements for a specific cryptocurrency.
Once a user sets up a price alert on the Coinbase app, they are notified of the live prices of their selected cryptocurrencies. Furthermore, all users receive an alert informing them of the percentage change in price.
But recently, many users complained that Coinbase alerts do not work on desktop, Android and iOS.
As it is a troubling issue, it is essential to fix it. In this post, we have compiled a list of some workarounds that may help you if your Coinbase notifications are not working.
How do I set up alerts on Coinbase?
Setting up automatic price alerts via the Coinbase mobile app is quite simple. It will notify you about price changes for selected cryptocurrencies.
- open the Coinbase app on your Android or iOS device.
- Look for the cryptocurrency you want to activate price alerts for.
- click on the Star icon to add the cryptocurrency to your watchlist; this will also activate price alerts for that specific cryptocurrency.
- navigate back to Houseclick on the Notifications icon and then click the icon Definitions icon.
- Now tap on price alerts.
- Here, you can select whether you want alerts to be sent to your phone and receive alerts within the app or via your registered email.
What can I do if Coinbase Alerts don’t work?
on your smartphone
1. Clear mobile app cache data
- Open Definitionsclick in apps, then select manage apps.
- Scroll down and click Coinbase.
- click in Erase data.
- Close the Coinbase application.
- double click on House button, and all the apps you are using should appear.
- Swipe up on the Coinbase app until it disappears from the screen.
This is a simple solution, so be sure to give it a try if Coinbase is not sending price alerts on your device.
2. Update the Coinbase app
This issue may also occur if you use an older version of the application. If this is the case, please update the Coinbase app to its latest version.
You can download the latest Android version from Google Play Store and iOS version from Apple App Store.
3. Reinstall the application
- Open Definitions.
- navigate to apps.
- Select Coinbase.
- Touch uninstall.
- Now download the app again from the Play Store.
- Tap and hold the Coinbase app.
- Now select remove app.
- Once the app is removed, download it again from the Apple Store.
on the desktop
1. Clear cookies and browser cache
- Open Google Chrome and click on the three vertical dots in the upper right corner.
- click in Definitions and navigate to privacy and security.
- click in Clean navigation data.
- check options Cookies and other website data and Cached images and files.
- Once that’s done, click Erase data.
- Open Firefox and click on the hamburger icon in the upper right corner.
- click in Definitions.
- navigate to privacy and security.
- At the Cookies and website data section, click Erase data.
- Now click on clear to confirm the process and verify that the Coinbase alerts not working issue has been fixed.
2. Disable your VPN
- Locate the VPN icon in the system tray.
- Right-click and click Exit.
- tighten windows + key s and enter VPN. Select VPN Settings.
- Select your VPN connection and click To remove.
However, if you want to use Coinbase with a VPN, read our post on the best VPNs for CoinBase.
3. Update your browser
- click on the menu icon in the upper right corner and go to Help. Now select About Google Chrome.
- A new tab will appear and check for available updates.
- If updates are available, they will be downloaded automatically.
The process is more or less similar for other browsers, so feel free to give it a try.
4. Use a third-party alert service
If none of the above mentioned workarounds were able to fix Coinbase not sending price alerts, try using another Crypto price alerts app like Cryptocurrency Alert.
This website creates customizable crypto alerts based on market price, volume, volatility, etc.
Suppose you don’t prefer cryptocurrency alerts as a free cryptocurrency price alert software, take a look at our article on the best cryptocurrency price alert apps and services.
This is how simple it is to fix Coinbase alerts not working. Follow the steps mentioned above to resolve this error quickly. If the above mentioned troubleshooting methods cannot help you, please contact Coinbase Support.
If you still have any issues, feel free to comment below. We are looking forward to hearing from you.
start a conversation